Follow a leader who:
- Authentically loves Jesus, not simply appearing to follow him
- Knows God’s calling on their life
- Listens to their convictions, instead of their critics
- Acts with confidence, not bravado
- Cares about people, rather than controlling them
- Has a plan to move forward, rather than just keeping people busy
- Earns trust, rather than expecting it
- Demonstrates integrity, rather than quick and/or easy solutions
- Listens to and learns from others
- Accepts responsibility, rather than making excuses
- Develops and grows others
- Open and honest about expectations and evaluations
- Sees faithfulness as more important than effectiveness
- Demonstrates an understanding of humility by being a servant
- Loves inspiration–hearing from God–more than influence over others.
This list can’t be exhaustive! What would you add to it?
Are you a leader worth following? Why?